Senior Controller & Director
schefke (at) scalefinance.com
- Controller—Monarch Division of Tompkins International, Raleigh, NC (2018 -2020) —Assist management with the creation of a new business unit dedicated to an integrated warehouse solution for various customers at several distribution centers.
- Senior Controller—Scale Finance, Raleigh, NC (2012 – 2017)—Assist various small businesses with the creation of accounting processes and strategic planning functions that were not previously in place. Successfully implemented an accrual base accounting system for a multi-site spa that previously had no formal monthly reporting process or internal metrics to manage the business.
- Corporate Controller, House Autry Mills Inc., Four Oaks, NC (2009 – 2011)—Responsible for managing accounting, budget, audit, and tax functions of corporate headquarters for a national manufacturing company in the food industry.
- Controller Principle, Tatum LLC, Raleigh, NC (2007 – 2008)—Provided part-time and project-based Controller services to multiple clients in various industries including Manufacturing, Private University, Health Services and Services.
- Controller Consultant, Horn Murdock Cole, Atlanta, GA (2006)—Served as Interim Controller of a cabinet manufacturing operation.
- Corporate Controller, Digital Recorders Inc., Durham, NC (2000 – 2005)—Responsible for managing accounting, budget, audit, and tax functions of corporate headquarters for a global public manufacturing company in the transportation industry.
- Division Controller, United Dominion – Mueller Steam, St. Pauls, NC (1998 – 2000)—Managed Accounting and Information Systems of a national manufacturing company in the valve industry.
- Consultant, Houston TX, (1996 – 1997)—Provided interim financial services to companies in the clinical research and pipeline industry.
- Division Controller / Audit Supervisor, Crane Co., Stamford CT (1984 – 1996)—Served as Audit Supervisor and Division Controller of a Fortune 500 international manufacturing company in the valve, building products and defense industries. Extensive experience with accounting for large government contracts with Prime Defense Contractors.
- B.S. Accounting, University of Missouri-St. Louis
- Passed CPA Exam – State of North Carolina