CFO & Transaction Advisor
- Managing Director, Scale Finance LLC (2018 – current)—professional CFO/Controller and transaction Advisory Services with 25+ years experience assisting C-level teams with growth, operational, and strategic concerns
- Managing Director, Red Pelican Ventures, LLC—Founder/Operator delivering financial services to companies in transition (high growth, corporate sale, bankruptcy, turnaround) to help focus their direction and achieve their goals. Mr. Preston is often the first strategically orientated CFO for his clients. He has worked with over 70 growth companies, completing more than 38 financings and 24 acquisitions during the past 21 years.
- Senior Principal, Southeast Interactive Technology Funds—responsible for assisting the CEOs and CFOs of 28 portfolio companies in preparing their strategy, executing follow-on rounds of capital and acquisitions. Lead investor for company that became the first cash flow positive organization held by the portfolio.
- Senior Manager, Ernst & Young, LLP’s Corporate Finance—capital raises and acquisition strategies for Mid-Atlantic and Carolinas middle market companies. Assisted two management teams not only in the formation of their business plans but also on their growth strategies, execution of multiple acquisitions, and capital raising; growing one from $0 revenues to $250M and the other from $0 revenues to $150M in sales.
- University of Maryland School of Law—1996, Juris Doctorate with concentration in transactional, contract law, and entrepreneurship; Law & Entrepreneurship Scholar, President Student Bar Association – First Year Class
- University of Maryland Robert H. Smith School of Business— 1995, Master in Business Administration; Graduated with Honors, Lamone Entrepreneur Scholar, Dingman Scholar
- The Ohio State University Max M. Fisher College of Business—1989, Manufacturing & Operations concentration; Ohio State Pace Setter, Summa Cum Laude – Sixth out of 1509 graduates, Beta Gamma Sigma, Phi Kappa Phi, Summa Award, President’s Academic Excellence Award
- • Investment Banking Licensed Registered Representative FINRA Series 79, Uniform State Series 63 qualified; Registered Representative with FINRA/SIPC licensed Broker Dealer (Tobin & Company, Charlotte, NC)