Horizon Eye Care is a Charlotte-area owned and operated ophthalmology practice providing quality eye care services to Charlotte area residents. Horizon Eye Care was formed in 1997 following the merger of Gaskin Eye Associates and Charlotte Eye. Horizon offers a full-range of Ophthalmology services including surgical and medical eye care with Corneal, Retinal, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Oculoplastics, Glaucoma, and Pediatric exams as well as routine eye care, all coupled with supporting preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic services, including optical and contact lens departments, LASIK, and aesthetic services.
Scale Finance has provided CFO services to Horizon for over eight years in addition to fulfilling other finance staffing requirements. SF’s Charlotte Partner Bill Schiffli is currently serving Horizon.
As Horizon undertook building a fifth owner-occupied medical clinic, Schiffli went to market with a comprehensive refinancing package to incorporate a new line of credit, enhanced equipment leasing terms, refinancing of existing real estate and acquisition plus construction financing of the new location to over a half dozen financing sources.
Upon completion of the competitive process, Horizon was able to obtain over $4 million in new financing, saving a $100,000 per year in financing costs in addition to eliminating owners’ personal guarantees.
Why Horizon Eye Care?
In today’s fast-changing healthcare world, it’s fair to ask: Why Horizon Eye Care?
Here are five reasons:
- Your eyesight isn’t just part of our focus. It’s literally all we do. Our singular focus on eyes enables us to put all of our skills into understanding your eye health and providing you a complete solution.
- In a complex healthcare environment, many want a single point of contact – one with a full range of services for your entire family and the convenience of multiple locations.
- Because you depend on sight more than any other sense, you want the most talented people to take care of it. Many of our physicians have achieved national reputations for their work on eye disorders.
- There’s no small problem when it comes to your eyes. You deserve prompt, one-on-one attention from physicians and staff who have vast experience – and who care.
- The medical landscape changes constantly. You need someone who knows the latest treatments, technology and techniques; someone who can help your family make intelligent decisions about routine or complex procedures.
In greater Charlotte, Horizon Eye Care delivers on all five of these promises for thousands of our patients. Their eyes are of vital importance to us. Each of them counts on us – a responsibility we take very seriously. That’s why we’re always thinking vision.
About Scale Finance
Scale Finance LLC (www.scalefinance.com) provides contract CFO services, Controller solutions, and support in raising capital, or executing M&A transactions, to entrepreneurial companies. The firm specializes in cost-effective financial reporting, budgeting & forecasting, implementing controls, complex modeling, business valuations, and other financial management, and provides strategic help for companies raising growth capital or considering M&A/recapitalization opportunities. Most of the firm’s clients are growing technology, healthcare, business services, consumer, and industrial companies at various stages of development from start-up to tens of millions in annual revenue. Scale Finance has multiple offices in the Carolinas including Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham, Greensboro, and Wilmington with a team of more than 45 professionals serving more than 130 companies throughout the region.